Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TWO STATES DOWN SIX TO GO





Safford, AZ - Lordsburg, 3/16 Tues. NM 64.5 miles Well, conditions today were ditto from yesterday except for a few more uphills , a slow downhill and 30 mph gusts BUT NO FLAT TIRE !! Bill B did you send me voodoo, magic, noflat vibes for today because I made it! Saw 5 selfcontained bikers on the road , heading to San Diego and enjoying a tail wind. Thousands of yellow poppies in the picture of the hill. And today I start my Rogues Gallery of my spectacular WT group. Hope to feature someone each day. Today is Linda from Montana, one of our excellent guides who cooks breakfast , snacks and dinner for us. Her meals never fail to amaze me; creative, healthy and delicious and she does it all out of the kitchen she is sitting in in the picture. Her kitchen is in the rear of the trailer which is pulled by a 12 seat SAG van. Linda nourishes us with unflappable good humor and patience. I see a cookbook in her future--Margaret, we can write it!

2 comments:

  1. Have been focusing on 3 main things....multiple sacrifices, circular dances and varied chants to ward off the three evil gods/devils/fiends.....flat tires, cold rain and the most evil one of all, the vile, revolting, obnoxious ogre of headwinds.
    Keep it up, you are doing great!!!!

    Very, very enviously, Bill

    ReplyDelete