Wednesday, March 3, 2010

BERNIES BIKE SHOP


Tues.3/2 It all begins at Bernies! Went to OB( as the locals call it) to check on my bike. Roger who owns Bernies was there with calm words of encouragement ...and there was my bike , reassembled, tuned up and roaring to go. WT (WomanTours) will pick up bikes from Bernies on Thursday and deliver to hotel. Heard his horror stories, one bike has not arrived, being shipped 11/2 weeks ago , another , in a fancy bike box was damaged in transit. Made a trip to REI for a bike bag and additional duffel bag purchase. Just need to get on my bike and get going or I will start rethinking all of my equipment/clothing choices-oooh those second guesses are not good!
Bill, Roger remembered you!

2 comments:

  1. these are just AWESOME k-have a WONDERFUL ride!! love tom and di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very smart move to get out there and get acclimated !!!!!!!!

    The crew at Bernies' did a great job on my bike when I left in Sept. '08

    Enviously, Bill

    ReplyDelete