Thursday, March 11, 2010

COYOTE DAY






3/15 Salome to Wickenburg 56.7 miles

My first equipment revelation today. Carol helping to adjust my seat because I am developing a bad case of monkey butt as Mr. Foo would call it or pain in the hooooo haw as this crazy group refers to it (sorry, way TMI!!) well it is important to control monkey butt sooooo working on the seat very early this morning at the Bates Motel when Carol looks at my CARBON (who knew??) seat post and advised to get my fancy REI bike pack which was attached to my seat post OFF because carbon although strong, flexible and fashionable apparently is fragile and you shouldn't be attaching things to it- soo off with my storage bags - hoping to solve the problem by changing out the seat post at some bike shop soon. As a result of no back bags I sailed along today- the whole 56.7 miles on US Route 60. Marvelous riding day- sunny but cold- wore Patti's long underwear (I didn't bring any) long tights and didn't need to shed clothes until the last 12 miles. Needed a little music today so I unveiled the ipod, put 1 earbud in the non traffic ear and sang my way through the desert- Beatles, Love Shack, Brown Eyed Girl, no no no I won’t go go go. Wow it was fun. Needed my two Debs here for a bicycle rock out. The coyotes enjoyed it- I saw 2 cross the road. Lunch at Aguila Arizona’s Coyote Cafe where the feature for dinner was Wade’s Hunk of Bulls Ass - honest- really. Linda’s tasty lasagna made with hot coals- so good and homemade brownies from Katie's daugther Kelle. On to Phoenix tomorrow and a rendezvous with TE, Diane and Tam -YEAH



No comments:

Post a Comment