Monday, April 26, 2010

WEATHER LUCK









4/24 Saturday Quincy- Wakulla Springs 39.5 miles

Started out with threatening skies and talk from the local weather channel about “tornado conditions” around us. We rode out with anticipation of finding shelter if it all broke loose but 2 hours down the road the sun came out. There were storms all around but we missed them. Arrived in Wakulla Springs State Park, a beautiful park on the Wakulla River and several springs. The lodge is old, charming and on the National Register of Historic Buildings. We took a boat ride through the springs and a ways down the river . Beautiful flora and fauna pictured here. Forgetting how old I am I took Amy’s dare and she, Mary and I jumped off a 20 foot diving tower- it was only scary the first time! After dinner clean up was more raucous than usual with dancing and singing. I think we all realize we are going to complete this journey so we can let loose! Critters pictured from boat ride are alligator, anhinga (black bird drying his wings),nesting snowy egrets with babies. ( in the water pic, that's me in blue/black looking like I'm standing on water- what a trick!)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful state park and lodge. Held my breath when tornadoes hit south - glad to see angels riding with you all!

    ReplyDelete