Wednesday, April 7, 2010

REST DAY Navasota, Texas






Weds. April 7th Navasota

Not much to report on Navasota, TX which is actually fine - you don’t feel the urge to be a tourist. Sleeping in, laundry, drugstore visit, napping, reading, bike cleaning and a pedicure. Some misc. Texas pictures. TE requested some additional info- things I have been thinking about as this adventure moves along. We are more than half way through. I haven’t taken a poll of the group but I personally feel that I am stronger but mentally tired. My legs know what to do each day but I’m weary. I keep thinking that each day is a new adventure and a new challenge which we will handle- sounds trite but it works. We have a few wear and tear injuries in the group - mostly saddle sores, colds, sore knees. But I do think we are all stronger. In some ways it seems like the trip is endless ( not in a bad way) but it also seems to be going too quickly. It still seems remarkable that we have ridden so many miles .It's all part of this “biking bubble” that we are in- we are suspended - this is what we do everyday and nothing else, none of the normal routines of home. OK enough of this navel gazing- I could go on and on!

No comments:

Post a Comment